About the role
Yggdrasil Gaming is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer based in our technology centre in Kraków. Working with various teams in Development and Market Operations, you will play a major role by setting up and monitoring Yggdrasil’s development and staging environments to be secure, robust and highly available. Collaborating with teams across the business, you have the chance to make a great impact on production times and processes.
This role will enable you to get exposure to a variety of technologies. We are offering a diverse career path for those successful, that are able to catch up with new knowledge quickly and evolve alongside us. That’s why we’re looking for motivated and talented people. We want you to grow with us!
- Application and infrastructure planning, testing and development
- Maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Automating tasks and workflows
- Finding pain points and bottlenecks then finding ways to automate them
- Maintaining development environments (dev, QA, performance)
- Cooperate and collaborate with developers, architects, IT professionals
- At least 3+ years in a similar position
- Advanced English and good Polish, both written and spoken
- Ability to create infrastructure as code
- Experience with GCP cloud solutions
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices (GCP)
- Experience with software configuration management such as Jenkins, GitLab, Sonarqube, code review tools, static analysis tools, Nexus, Artifactory
- Knowledge of package managers like helm
- Docker, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, virtualization/cloud-based build and testing systems
- Provisioning tools such as Terraform, Ansible
- Monitoring systems: prometheus, zabbix, ELK
- Proxy: nginx, apache, fabio, haproxy
- Log maintenance: fluentd
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. Python, Bash, Go)
- Knowledge of the git version control system
- Understanding of development process.
- Skills of writing pipelines in Jenkins (declarative or scripted)
- Setting up applications running on JVM (and also JVM itself).
- Solid understanding and experience with: setting up full CI/CD for Docker-based microservices type applications, working knowledge of Kubernetes, automation of provisioning and deployment
Nice to have:
- Has grounded knowledge in networking (TCP/IP, DNS) and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of the load-balancing related issues
- Understanding of TypeScript or Java code