About the role
Yggdrasil Gaming is looking for a Senior Artist. This role will be part of a creative, cross-functional team, built of top-notch Producers, Illustrators, Animators, and Game Designers. In this position, you will create artwork from initial sketches to final rendering with attention paid to details and quality. The goal is to provide a finished, polished look for all our games.
The right individual will have the potential for personal growth and career advancement. A demonstration of adeptness, skill and vision will lead to a Junior Art Director role or Art Director role for the opportunity to lead a project of their own either within Yggdrasil Studio or with outsourced partners.
- Work with the Art Directors to create art based on concept designs and sketches
- Prepare source files for Animators and Technical Artists
- Follow conventions for file naming, folder structures and photoshop layer naming
- Receive feedback and implement in a timely manner
- Follow guidelines for art styles and rendering quality
- more than 5 years of professional experience
- English language fluency
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating consistent, high-quality art rendering skills
- Proficiency using Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to follow an Art Director’s vision and replicate different art styles
- Ability to paint and render different materials convincingly, including shiny precious metals, translucent gems, stone, wood and organic textures
Nice to have:
- Experience in the games industry (Casino gaming experience is a big plus)
- Experience working in a game studio with art directors, animators, producers, and tech artists
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Logo design, typography and font handling
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.